Saturday, December 02, 2006

Endearment...

After a two-week hiatus, I finally played badminton! Ghod! I feel the calories burning! If it weren’t for my social calendar, I would have not undergone the lack-of-game ordeal. At any rate, I haven’t reached the suspensive condition… If ever by next weekend, I’d be in Biñan, I’d hafta play tennis. That’s the deal. I need to sweat it out. (Well, I could play basketball there, but I haven’t held a damn basketball in… three years?! And FYI… the sport itself doesn’t like me... had I not been a regular fourth year graduating student, I’d join the GSCL United… a.k.a… Graduate School-Civil Law United, our football team. Ghod!!! I miss the smell of grass in the afternoon sun! My spikes [this is a specie of shoes] are already being eaten up by mold… and I don’t fucking have an iota of idea where the hell are my shin guards and long socks.) Anyway, I guess I’m no longer meant for the grass. Therefore, I’d concentrate on the racquet sports…

I absented myself from class last Wednesday, ‘cause it was my grandad’s birthday. I felt obliged to do so… being the eldest grandson from the line of my father… we always have this “Dedicacion” or “Padasal” to the Christ the King (since the liturgical calendar of the Feast itself always falls within the week) which is lead by the Apostleship of Prayer (with Tita Juling as the Contact person). My papa (with a spanish accent) just turned 82. He’s my old lion, my soldier, my eminent provider, whom I love so dearly, despite the military treatment and cusses I had before during his younger years and my youthful innocence. I am always duty bound to him… even though he’s just a Lt. Col by rank, he is my General. It was a touching moment, ‘cause my grandma was teary eyed during the prayers. FYI… just to let you know when did this tradition started… my Tita Mayette, while she was an Architecture student at UST, design our first altar, replicating the old altar of Concepcion Church (the round retablo of the Virgin), and it was was blessed by either Monsignor Sarmiento or Monsignor Florentino during my papa’s birthday, who, at that time, was active with the Catholic Church. (FYI… our family is also a patron of the Aglipayan church, since half of the clan is Aglipay.)

After hearing the news that there would be no classes on November 30 due to Typhoon Reming, I fled in haste to UST to create some dilatory tactics in order to induce my classmates to gather for a drinking session at my place. Prior hand, it was planned that a class session would be held on Nov. 30 itself, but under the circumstances, it would more propitious to hold it otherwise on an earlier date. However, I was too late because Dean Dimayuga dismissed the class early on. I just met with bestfriend JV and Mavic at SM San Lazaro. JV and I, after leaving Mavic at the place where Regina Sorority was holding its meeting, went around UST and QC just to look for people to drink with. Ernest promised he’d come, but alas, he fell asleep. So, those who heeded our call were Lot, Shayne and Mags. We went to my place and drank and talked from 11pm til 5am in the morning. JV was so amazed with our place that he’d like to hold our Xmas party here. I told him, it’s just because we’re riparian. Hehehehe. Anyway, it would depend whether or not the tides would rise or not.

Since there were only five of us, we had a nice conversation of law school life, and loves, and every shitty thing… it was the first time I heard JV philosophize (being a Philosophy major at UP) and forever, his words will haunt me… “The more you get educated, the more obscure love becomes… do you still remember the first time you fell in love?”

And it was also the first time in history that I heard the word LIBOG (coming from a girl) spoken many times within five minutes… from Lot. Hehehe.

And so, this week, to consider, is very amusing. Today, I bought myself a new polo for only 200 bucks. (there is a sale at HUMAN in SM San Lazaro), a new pair of ‘short’ shorts for badminton, and a tiny pillow whenever I feel sleepy while studying at the Reading Area. FYI… it’s my dad’s birthday on the third, me and my mom shopped for some gifts for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home