Monday, November 13, 2006

Blog entry cum Petition for Preliminary Mandatory Injunction

Red is the color of prosperity in the Chinese tradition. And so it is published in red. Aside from the fact that Red is one of my favorite colors.

“I am the captain of my ship, I am the captain of my soul.”… Says We, during some high school English class. To whom I must attribute this, I beg pardon, for I can no longer recall…

This is the point of no return for me, my last semester would just be a little over four months, really. And perhaps, Providence gave us a break by giving us for the first time, in four years, a five-day schedule, morning classes inclusive of course… but at least, pressure is off on Saturdays.

Here’s the deal… I get to normalize my sleeping hours, since I have morning classes on certain days. I can sleep early also on certain days because I have certain days when I go home as early as 7pm, and therefore, on Fridays, I can play badminton, aside from Sundays.

Saturdays definitely would be spend in UST… although I ain’t there officially for classes, I prefer to study in school for many reasons, to wit: 1. It is more conducive for studying, 2. Starbucks is just around the corner, 3. I get my allowance, 4. I get to attend church during anticipated mass, 5. Pressure is off during Saturdays. 6. I get allowance, 7. I get to wear casual clothes, 8. I simply can’t adjust to the idea that I’m not in school 6 days a week.

For the past years I’ve been trained in our exalted profession, now is the time to exercise with utmost diligence the DISCIPLINE and RESTRAINT that has been imbued to us since freshmen. Furthermore, after experiencing the death-defying moments of last September’s Bar-Ops… I’m working with the same physical and mental force, with lesser pressure.

To us, it is no longer a matter of emotion, it is a matter of endurance. We’re in the brink of make-or-break… this is important to me.

I’d be missing birthdays, holidays, feasts and what not… it’s a sacrifice I must make, since this is the point of no return. (In an irreverent manner… I’m about to ‘cum’)

So, to all you people out there who might feel that at times I’m a bit ‘off’, becoming a control-freak, making sense of the senseless, or a bit jumpy when my calendar ain’t followed.… I beg your understanding. Time is a precious, consumable yet intangible commodity which I cannot afford to misuse.

This is the time for us to Flaunt. In a more comprehensive manner, magyabang at titigan ng masama ang mga lower years namin. We can’t help it… it’s a process. Afterwards, before the Bar exams, manginginig na kame a takot.


WHEREFORE, PREMISES CONSIDERED, the Petitioner is hereby ENJOINED to Strictly observe proper Discipline and Conduct, in accordance with the Rules set forth by the Code of Professional Responsibility.

So Ordered.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that quote about the captain... was from Invictus or oh captain my captain

yung mga declamation pieces. you sound like an attorney na talaga. astig

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home