Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Boy who Lived...

You all know that Harry Potter was the ‘boy who lived’ after being nearly vaporized by Voldemort…

And so did I.

This afternoon, I was almost eaten up by Dean Aligada. Picture this… an old and wrinkly man, with white hair and white complexion, always pouting and rarely smiling.

Our recitation was conducted by group, meaning, several of us were standing, including me, for an average of two weeks. And he tantalizes, vexes and shouts at every one. Whatever you say is WRONG! You are always wrong!

At si gagong ohme naman… naka-tsamba. He asked, “If the Usury law was suspended, what other law is suspended?” At me naman, being an ‘expert’ in Remedial Law, when asked, answered, “Under the Rules of Court, allegations of Usury must be specifically denied under oath, or else it will be deemed admitted.” At dahil katabi ko si Bestfriend JV eh naghaharutan kame, “Si Mr. Remedial Law Chairman talaga.” Says he.

Nagkataon naming nakita ako ni Aligada na nakangiti. Punyeta. Patay… “Sige, mayabang ka… everybody sit down, except you!”

Everybody was supposed to recite for two hours, I became the unwitting sacrificial lamb and consumed more than 30 minutes standing alone in a recitation with DEAN AUGUSTO K. ALIGADA... Kulang na lang maihi ako sa pantalon ko, tumae, umiyak, magka-epilepsy at kung ano-ano pa. You are literally afflicted with the capital punishment. I thought I was dead. I thought I’d never graduate. And so the questions were flung… Answer them… If you don’t know, admit it. Accept every terribly word like an arrowhead from a crossbow.

“Tingnan natin kung makangiti ka pa.”

“Had enough?”

Yeah…

Everybody stood up, I was allowed to sit down… I got vexed and humiliated, called names (all though for the sake of fun) we laughed, I almost cried.

But I lived.

After class, Dean Aligada approached me and in front of the class he was telling that I look like some character from Eat Bulaga. And he was laughing. He was smiling. So came to the defense my classmates, “Sir, smiling face talaga siya.” Sa loob-loob ko, “sumbong kita sa tatay ko” (Meaning, Dean Benipayo)
And so, this day, on Carol’s birthday, I gave her the most amusing gift… legal entertainment.

After class, people were showing me obeisance and respect, shaking my cold shivering hand, or saluting me. I was a hero. I died, and I lived.

So, verily, I deserve to be called Harry Potter… inasmuch that everybody called UST Hogwarts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home