Monday, April 24, 2006

XIV

Chief Justice Panganiban, Justices Antonio Carpio and Angelina Gutierrez Sandoval were at the QC Hall of Justice last Friday to launch the e-payment scheme in consortium with the landbank of the Philippines. Yadah-tadah.

The present chief justice doesn’t have the charm of the previous one, who had that mysterious grandeur to his persona, a real statesman, not just a jurist. Well, of course I have a bias for Davide on a personal note. A year ago, I was an ordinary law student who volunteered to be an usher and hold the doors of the Aquinas Conference Hall while guiding frail old justices and lawyers to their seats. I was just holding the door wide open while waiting for the former chief justice to exit, and after the ritual courtesy of thanks, he took a few seconds to stand in front of me, held out his hand to me, and with a firm grip of majestic prince he shook my hand, as if I was anointed by the messiah himself. The present chief justice is more of a politician, and I think I’m even taller than him. He didn’t bedazzle most court employees, until he announced the release of additional allowances across the board for all the employees of the judiciary.
And again, who would have thought we'd see another hot jude, this time, she's more of a chinese meztiza... and younger! Seems like she belongs to our age bracket... if ever i make my first appearance in the MeTC, and she happens to be the judge, I'd probably stutter, lose my composure and say something slightly inappropriate inside the court room hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home