Sunday, April 16, 2006

X

Okay, time to get serious. My internship starts tomorrow at the Public Attorney’s Office in Quezon City. I’m officially enslaving myself to the whims and caprices of government lawyers. But hey, they’re not that bad (unlike most private practitioners) My short-lived vacation shall not be obliviated by the work without pay system. Perhaps maybe, I’d spend the coming weekend with my college berks. To be definite, I’d be changing my time frame and internal clock to suit the 8 to 5pm working hours, which would probably result to less badminton, less drinking, less poker nights, less everything.

Also, tomorrow the academics committee would conduct its first meeting. And I’m thinking of backing out. The only reason why I wanted to join it (and perhaps get a chairmanship position in taxation, political law or remedial law committees) is for future credentials. Furthermore, I’ve promised Samantha to do it. Well, good karma begets good karma.

xxx xxx xxx

Things will never be the same. We haven’t talked nor texted each other for more than a week. I do not miss you. So far, I’m glad I broke our bond. No more annoying missed calls. No more ambiguous statements. No more of the mushy things. I do not need you to act as my best friend. I have a plenitude of them, and someone already holds the title ‘Best’. I do not need your confidentiality. I do not need your honesty. I do not need your friendship. As far as I’m concern, we’re just ‘nominal friends’ now… Colleagues… Temporary allegiances…

No more falling back and coming forward again. If ever you look into my eyes and try to capture my soul once again, I will not look back. All you will see is void. You said we are completely different people. Yes we are, and always will be. But back then, we compliment each other so well. Now, we contradict each other.

Don’t expect a guy to be there for you for all eternity… since this is the premise:

There’s nothing platonic between a man and a woman.

You had it coming.

Your loss, not mine.

If ever you find yourself out of the labyrinth of your emotional confusion; you won’t find me there waiting for you at the threshold.

I gave my soul to the one I’ve lost before, and serendipity found for me once again. And between the two of us, nothing is indeed platonic…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home