Friday, March 10, 2006

IV

Last Monday, I was afflicted with my undeniably money draining Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. I went to Toby’s in Harrison Plaza and got myself a new badminton racquet, a PRINCE FORCE310ti, which I can call MY OWN. Hi-modulus graphite and metallic light blue color. The previous one I owned is a low rated hand me down from my brother, which was handed down to him by our dad. Not that I am the snooty-snobby type (which I am most of the time), I just wanted some personal touches on my racquet. It’s like buying a car. You just don’t buy any car… you buy YOUR car. I also had the strings changed (twice!) ‘coz the ‘expert’ sez the tension’s too strong. So I had to downsize it from 25 to 22. Good thing there was a Toby’s in SM San Lazaro, just a few skips away from UST. Furthermore, the duffel bag was hot! Hehehe. And it was ‘baptized’ last Wednesday.

Lot of things to do this coming weeks. Lotsa catchin’ up with my subjects. I hafta dismiss all invites to our middle class sociales (except badminton games of course.) And a week from from now… FINALS.

God, I’m in Third Year. For the Third Time. Next Year… Oh syet! It’s so fast. Just a few glimpses ago, we were just prancing and bouncing around the calachuchi, smoking after class, before class, and during class. We drink in between class hours, play billiards, bowling, watch movies, out-of-town trips, compulsory sleepovers because of drunkenness. The things that made me realize that there’s more to life, than this life in this small town, ex-hacienda, ex-fishing village, and former part of the Kingdom of the ancient Rajahs of Tondo.

Oh well… you just realize at certain points in your life that you’d want to counter-revolve the hands of time… not that you were remiss in anything. But just being there at that point in time is so damn good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home