Monday, November 19, 2007

i just came from a drinking session at larry's. and since i ain't drunk, i'd blog.

Yesterday I meet up with Butch and JL at makati. It was my oh so belated christmas treat for them. Inasmuch that I want my whole barkada to be there, personal circumstances intervene such as quarrels and work.

So we had dinner at Avenetto, which was cheap, good and filling. Then off we went to Mall of Asia where we saw the new theme park (take note of the word 'saw', not 'enjoyed'). We had a few drinks at Prince of Jaipur, and beside it was Gumbo restaurant, where I saw Justice Jappy having dinner.

We went ton search for a new place, and since we had enough of Pier One, and there's no cool show at Bagaberde, we headed for Malate, and ended up at Gilligan's Island where the fun continued. And we were drinking Pale Pilsen at first, talk about getting old... there were plenty of kids dancing, plus some japaks gyrating with an caucasian guy. Bigla kong naisip, ganito pala ang daigdig na iniwan ko... maingay, magulo, masaya. Anyways, they're entitled to be carefree once in there life, whilst the hormones rages and sensuality is the norm of the night life.

We were seated at the veranda outside the second floor, where we can talk in a state of semi-peace. After more beer, I saw two people walking along the street... it was Y and V.

It was my first time to see them together after more than a year (well you have to dig in a year's worth of blog entries if you want to know the facts). Perhaps, being a third person to the scenario, I felt some sort of rage, I was following them in the length of the veranda, and apparently, I bump onto one of the drinkers. But I didn't care, they caught my eye. Alcohol, rage and jealousy perhaps. I've moved on of course, but girl and I didn't have a nice parting (for the second time) so perhaps closure wasn't proper on my part. Anyways, life goes on.

And today, we had a tournament which I could say good enough for me personally, but not really, since a lot of things didn't work out well for alot of players, including me and my partner Gilbert. We could have won and increased our standing, however, you know that things are rigged at times, no matter how much good faith (and good faith is a standard which I profess) you have in the organizers.
Oh well, that's life. People will always be people. For us who have a better perspective of things, we must try to understand. Though, everything must have its limits. As Defensor-Santiago aptly quotes Manuel L Quezon... "Your freedom stops where my nose begins."
Fin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home