Thursday, October 25, 2007

ergo sum

To add some color to my blog, I shall recount some events in my so-called ‘vita’.

Last week, I took Carol out to the Promenade. We ate at Gerry’s, watched Stardust, and relaxed at Starbucks. It was nice to have a somewhat ‘normal’ conversation after the Bar. We talked about our experiences during the bar, our career plans, the ‘what ifs’ of our lives, and came to the conclusion that we are still adjusting our systems to what can be defined by laymen as ‘normal.’ Normalcy, being a relative term, for us, was once abject and stressful raised to the Nth power. Now, we are becoming ‘normal’ normal.

She’s going away for a month and will be leaving on October 30. (Ouch.) At any rate, it ain’t that bad, we survive, we’re Spartans… nay, Romans.

On the other hand, I also handed to Avic Tañedo last week my resume. It is only contingent, if and when they hire again for the next semester. If permitted by the circumstances, I’ll teach Philippine Government and Constitution (which I can braggingly say I can teach with my eyes closed, as every barrister could.) at Perpetual Help College Manila. Since the employment contract is terminable every semester, it would be just right until the time the results come in. I ain’t really looking for the pay, just the experience. I really want to teach, especially in AB.

Also, my grandmother is in the hospital for almost a week now. Her hypertension has caused a mild stroke, and she’s recuperating well, thank God. Hopefully, she’ll be out by the end of the week.

I also went to Chinatown this afternoon. Yes, I love the hustle and bustle of buyers and merchants, cars, calesas, Pinoys and Tsinoys, horse dung lying on the street, the scent of incense burning at the side street shrine, colorful lucky charms, jewelry and all those goodies. Binondo is indeed an urban paradise of sorts for the adventurous. So is Quiapo. I love Old Manila.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home