Thursday, January 18, 2007

This past Monday, our Preliminary Exams began, I just got a single day to rest and study Criminal Law and to perform all my hedonistic pleasures. We’ve been counting days as if they’ve been abbreviated. Plenty to study, yet so little time. Last week, stress began to take it’s toll on me, as pimples started bursting out of my face. Good thing it was easily resolved by some apricot scrub and a lot of sweating. I don’t care whether I win or lose in my games, I just want some stress busting action. Further, aside from the usual holidays, Exams and the Revalida makes law students crave for food, and most of it junk food. I myself admits to this. We have to compensate, and satiate ourselves by devouring all sorts of sugar filled goodies hanging around our friendly neighborhood copier station-cum-sari-sari store. Our eyebags are as deep as ravines, and we smoke like we’re in an opium den. Alcohol is an absolutely no-no (in public gatherings, of course, but not for private consumption)

Just barely two months to go… and plenty of suffering… before we could march (hopefully, if we get through the deliberations) down the isle to the tune of Aida and Pomp and Circumstance No. 5. It would be an awesome feeling…

A few weeks rest… then Bar Review.

Can’t believe I’m almost there…
-----------------------------------------

Just saw Avic Tañedo this evening at Sprout. She is currently teaching at Perpetual Help College. She’s my former English teacher, Friend, and School Paper Moderator for The Guide. Come to think of it, I almost forgot I was Editor-in-chief three times during my stint in ICPS, first, in Grade School, for The Crown, second, during my interregnum in third year, whence I held the Editor-in-chief position in an ad interim capacity (I think I was Associate Editor-in-chief afterwards) Then Finally, and by reason of security of tenure and seniority, as Editor-in-chief during my Fourth Year. Ahhh… those were my minor glory days…

Now why in hell didn’t I pursue my blossoming journalism career, despite having garnered numerous awards in both Regional and Division levels?

Beats me. Hell, I’m happy being a lawyer.

Another funny anecdote that I would like to share, during my stint as Editor-in-chief, the EIC of St. James, our rival school is also a Bernardo. During one of our competitions, I was joking that he probably was my cousin. Turns out I was correct, to my surprise.

-----------------------------------
January 23 is nearing. It’s my first year anniversary of being ‘detached’ from Carol. At that time, it was the right thing to do for me. But it seems like the feeling would never end… after all that we’ve been through for the past six years. Who would have thought…? And after learning last December during some drunken moments of sharing with common confidants, that she loved me already, and so much for that matter… God… what’s next?
I haven’t been in the dating scene for more than six months I guess, after Diana and I fell apart again. (Pareho kasi kameng gago.) Probably because we were never meant to be together. We could probably be soulmates, as what we confessed to each other, but we could probably be never together. To define us would be peccable… almost forbidden… pawing puro ‘nakaw na sandali’ moments. In the first place, we started with the wrong premise and the wrong circumstances.

But Carol, we started in the wrong premise, got along well as friends, we’ve dated different people, but we ended up doing well… nay, we’ve ended up perfectly. We were inseparable. I guess CJ was right all these times, you should never define your relationships… res ipsa loquitor.

Well, so much for my still unfolding story. I can’t write finis on this one just yet… nay, I’ll never do
.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home