Monday, June 19, 2006

seniority complex

It’s been a week, and all hell ain’t still broken loose. Being a fourth year has its ups and downs. The ups of it… you get to walk around the faculty with chin held so high that you’d break your neck and die secondary to spinal injury. Every other law student looks up to you, a regular fourth year student… it feels magnificient. In our hierarchy… we’re just a notch lower than the barristers. If they are the demigods, we are the saints.

Now, I have always done this for the last year or so. And I’m going to do it again. The line-up… so far.

Dean Alfredo Benipayo – Current Dean of La Facultad de Derecho Civil. Just so recently the Solicitor General. (For those who ever heard of the term before, or out of necessity, would encounter such term… he WAS the SOLICITOR GENERAL) prior to the appointed of Nachura, and subsequent to the Proclamation 1017 thingy which was argued in the Supreme Court. He was also a former Court Of Appeals Justice, and Court Administrator of the Supreme Court. (with the rank of Justice, of course) Remedial Law Review. Talk about BIG TIME! He’s cool. A True Blue-blooded Thomasian. One of the ‘rare’ Spanish Speaking Specimens of our times.

Dean Amado Dimayuga – who says old lawyers are grumpy? Not this one. You just need a microphone with a megaphone annexed in order to hear his decrepit voice. Mercantile Law Review 1. Way cool. ‘Cause he just shows that Character is more powerful than ego. 50 years in the Thomasian Pantheon. Last Year’s Outstanding Thomasian. Dean for 12 years of La Facultad.

Dean Augusto Aligada – okay, he’s your typical ‘holier than thou’ lawyer of the ancient times. And when I say, ancient, he really is ancient. Civil Law Review 1. Most feared weapon: A magnet directed at his heart. The pacemaker will eventually reprogram itself and transform him into a docile teletubby. Beware. He could bite your head off. The former dean of La Facultad Prior to Benipayo.

Judge Philip A. Aguinaldo – what can I say… I’m an Aguinaldo baby. Kambal sa paglaki! Legal Ethics. Otherwise known as Pototoy class. Getz?!

Atty. Samson Alcantara – a.k.a. Gary Lising. Labor Law Review. Joke time. Again.

Last but not the least… though we aren’t really sure if he is indeed our professor, but circumstantial evidence shows… that it is indeed, and will be Arnold Cacho, no comment… too professional and too young to be heckled, vexed, tantalized and besmirched. Practice Court 2.

***** ***** *****
Still getting used to not having her by my side all the time. It’s really hard for me. Seeing her glancing at me from the distance, and likewise, vice-versa. Can’t blame me, I ain’t no saint who’d offer my emotions point blank in exchange for nothing. I have my needs too. And she ain’t able to decide what she really wants. Though, personally, I think she’s having a hard time… A new fone, new glasses, new ipod. Masahol pa pala siya sa spending spree keysa sa ken. Don’t tell me that I don’t know you… I know every bit and parcel of you. I’ve pierced your soul… and you’ve pierced mine. We’re equal… and both at lost. We just have to live by what I decided. And I had enough already. Though it’s painful to see you everyday, after two years of us… whatever and however you define ‘us’. Go marry your books. They’re the only thing which pleasures you anyway. In a sordid manner.

***** ***** *****
My social circle has changed, rather has increased. A year ago. I consider JV as my mortalest of mortalest rivals. The prince from the Kingdom of Abra na graduate ng UP. Philosophy major pala. And I, heir to the branch of a dynasty composite of several families dating six generations, almost forgotten. As I have said many times before, the reason why I deflect and loathed him that much… was that I saw a lot of me in him. Funny right? But now, our political and legal alliance is stronger than ever. He was the popular guy, everybody wanted to be in his company. He was the one who wanted my company. He was the first to approach and befriended me. I won the bet between me and Joey. Now, who’s the man?! Hehehe.

But honestly, once you get to know him, he’s a friend for keeps.

***** ***** *****
Also, I’ve made good trust with Ador, Rem and Ernest during our PAO days. Now, we have a strong bond despite the lack of material time to talk about the worldly things. In law school, character doesn’t change, it’s just the lifestyle. You study, I study, then survive the semester. Everybody’s on his own.

***** ***** *****

I don’t know if Diana is playing me. But if that’s what she wants… Then we play. I ain’t up to a relationship right now… but I’m glad she’s there. Despite everything, the drama, the confusion and the people at the sides… both on our sides. I’m content that she’s there. And with her, everything’s fine. She accepts me for who I am, and I accept her for who she is. We’re beyond the emotional thingy. We’re soul deep. I can’t compel you to understand, but hey, this is me. And I’m happy…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lily said...

Hi! Just dropped by your blog, wondering if it's still active and I am just curious what happened to you after 9 years. :)

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home