Monday, May 22, 2006

The numbering must end


What’s with titling my blog entries anyway in Roman numerals? Nothing. Just an idea I had a few months back when I started this blog. Anyway, looking at xx’s and iii’s every time I write is dizzying. So such methodology, after succinct use, must be terminated accordingly. So ordered.


*******************************

Today is supposed to be our last day as interns in PAO Q.C. But we got a one day reprieve from our boss, which is conditionally based on our gratuitous and unilateral act of treating the lawyers of room 106 and 107 to lunch last Friday with pancit malabon and dolor’s sapin-sapin coming from my hometown, and chicken cordon bleu and pork teriyaki from Ernest’s mom’s kitchen. With that, we officially graduated from internship, with our grades gleaming with line of 9’s. We also said our farewells to the generous Judge Sempio Diy, whose picture btw, is on my friendster.

Then when evening fell, Atty. Glenda “Baby Cake” Mateo and some staff from the Court went to NEWSDESK at Timog, just behind Music21. It’s not your typical commercially hyped bar which targets the brewery crazed youthful middleclass. It’s an old house, probably post-bellum American period, converted into a small bar, coffee shop and grill, and could accommodate only about 50 persons at one time. What’s cool about it is the set up utilizes actual house hold items like sofa, cushions, ottomans, throw pillows, and a low coffee table. In fact, when went our way and removed the cushions from the sofa and low rise chairs and placed them directly on the floor, so our set up immediately resembled like a Japanese tea party. Cool.

I also asked Best to show up coming from work, since we’ve been planning on seeing each other on the weekend, but my schedule is too hectic to set another date since Saturday was the poker “big night”, and gladly she came, though she only stayed up ‘till 11pm. Thanks Best!

Glenda, Cj, Ador and I went on to have coffee at a nearby Starbucks. We adjourned around 3 a.m.

PAO Quezon City will be missed. The people, the crazy clients, the pressure, Atty. Silverio, Glenda, Boss Bart, Atty. Sia, Atty. Soriano, Atty. Bandal, Mam Celia, Judge Diy, Judge Maglaya, Fiscal Ong, Fiscal Lledo, everybody, even Simang and mega-smile, the tinderas at the Canteen.

***************************************************

And to corroborate (or probably rebut) Anya’s entry, she did call me up and asked me if I’m available for badminton, but it’s too distant and inconvenient for me to travel with badminton gear in hand to Quezon city just to play for over an hour, besides, I was still curing my hangover and had to go back to sleep after lunch because for the Big Night.

I made the Knights and the guests my world famous potato balls, which I cooked for the first time since my birthday 3 or 4 years ago. Patok. (either you concur, confirm or affirm)

The First Big Night Winner was Sunny, he won over 1,800 pesos, less the booze, so he took home probably more than 1,200.


******************************************

Then yesterday, I endured about five hours of badminton, trying to compensate for my non-play last Wednesday and Friday. I wasn’t able to play last Wednesday ‘cause I had court appearances the succeeding day, so I don’t want to look haggard. So presently, my whole body is aching, but actually, I still want to play today just to sweat out the alcohol last night.

*******************************************

Three consecutive nights of alcohol equals one habitually alcoholic Ohme.

Larry, BTW, gave the Knights key chains imitating a Poker Chip with card designs on them. Cool.

Also, Kaye got last night the elusive quartet card combination (cuadro). I had to take a picture of it, no matter how dark it was, ‘cause it was a first in the history of the Knights of the Poker Table.

***************************************

I haven’t watched M.I. 3. I haven’t watched the DA VINCI CODE, and I’m too eager to watch X-Men: The Last Stand. Gawd!

***************************************

I have to make another dental appointment one of these days. Still a lot to fix. I ain’t having braces, cause my teeth ain’t that bad, besides, in case I die secondary to arson, my only identifiable relics would be my teeth. Haha. Morbid, I know, I know.

I just have to undergo several procedures to prevent decay. (Do I really have to go to details? Honestly Ohme, you’re talking to yourself again. Hehehe.)

*****************************************

Tomorrow is enrolment. Back to reality.

I want to go shopping. But I have no money sufficient for another Binge, and when I talk of Binge, it means spending over ten thousand bucks in one day. I think the last time I did it was on my birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home