Sunday, May 07, 2006

XIX

Friday afternoon, after work, I rushed to Makati to meet my college friends. But since I took the MRT and our rendezvous time was around 7pm, I decided to pass by SM Makati and find myself a long sleeved barong for my first real appearance in court, at RTC Branch 225, with Judge Maria Elisa Sempio Diy presiding. I got myself this neat dark red one.

After which I headed to greenbelt, thirsty and craving for something cold, I waited with my strawberry frost at Figaro’s and had smokes while waiting for Paul, Anya and JL. We then proceeded to Pasha, that posh Mediterranean restaurant which serves kebabs worth more than 300 bucks per serving. Jesus! Anyway, we used to eat in high end restaurants before we knew the virtue of thrift.

After dinner, we met Butch, and had coffee and chit-chat at Starbucks in Greenbelt one. Subsequently, we had drinks at Gery’s in park square. (talk about food trip night)

We shared a lot of old memories, laughs, new news and out of the blue, ghost stories. We then parted at 12pm, wherein I and JL went to get the van and proceeded to Biñan, where we stopped by Kitten’s place, where the drinking was started, err, continued.

Around two thirty, we went to the farm, and got was it humid! Trying to ward of sleep, ‘cause Tim and Ariel are arriving there around 6am, coming from GY shift. But alcohol and lack of sleep got the best of us, and I woke up with Tim and Ariel sound asleep up until 12pm. After lunch, we talked at the ‘island’ in the middle of the hot day. By 4pm, Kitten, Alvin, Guia et al went there and we did some tennis. And for me, it’s called ‘idiot’ tennis. Before, I couldn’t hit that well. Now, I’m hitting it like I’m hitting a badminton shuttlecock. And ouch! Shoulder blade hurts…

After dinner, we got ourselves 36 bottles of san mig light. Drank, ate, and talked ‘til dawn at the Pantalan, which in long served memory, was the place where we did the insane, the zany, the emotional, the profane and the fun. For us, it is sanctuary. Under the scary moonlit sky and the humid and mosquito filled air, with the City lights of Makati at the backdrop across the Laguna lake, we had fun like the brothers that we are.

It always feels right just to be there…

Just for a moment I gave up poker night, just to be with the other important people in my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Larius said...

AHA! kaya pala di mo kami sinipot ha!!! hahaha

6:05 PM  
Blogger ohme said...

yep yep hehehe

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home