Friday, June 09, 2006

Il legal.


The title’s a pun. It can be capable of two meanings, to wit: It’s Italian for ‘The Legal’ and secondly, remove the spatial disjuncture and you get the English equivalent of its antonym. Sound funny in my brain, but apparently, it aint. :p

Anyhow…

Been doin’ this stuff for school. I’ve been assigned as Remedial Law Committee Chairperson (looks good on paper, doesn’t it?) for the UST Golden Notes. I’ve been editing the reviewer for days on end, but just a few hours for each day. I assigned myself to Civil Procedure, since it is my forte, from Rule 1 to 40 (and it ain’t pretty. Those forty rules have over 300 subsections inclusive.) I’m already in Rule 37 or 37, so I’d just need a few more hours to finish my work, then come deadline, I’d be copy reading and making lay outs of the collective works of my members.


***** ***** *****

This morning my granddad got a letter from the City Land Tax Division, asking for payment up to 36 thousand bucks coming from all the way back from the year 1985. So, the diligent lawyer that I am, I went over my books and looked for procedure in protest and defenses. Theoretically, the taxes due on 1985 up to a certain point are prescribed, meaning, they can’t be collected any more. In short… extinct. So, there I went with cash in hand, ‘cause as a rule, you can’t protest until you paid the amount. (it’s called payment under protest) I did some short and nice shitty talk and made some queries… I learned that it wasn’t the land that was delinquent but the improvement (meaning building and other structures.) I thought to myself… what the fuck?! I’ve never known any structure on there. Turns out that there was… a very long time ago, and it was destroyed by a typhoon. And since the improvement doesn’t exist anymore, so does the assessment and collection.

Went home and told abuelo… and to show his appreciation, affection and generosity to his loyal and loving grandson (aaaww bullshit ohme!) he gave me a ‘hefty’ sum… (Though I was just thinking of asking for an ‘attorney’s fee’ of a thousand bucks.) He told me to use it for my books. (of course, I intend to splurge part of it on shopping for the WANTS rather that the NEEDS).

Need a clue?

Somewhat a month’s salary.

***** ***** *****

Of course, I went to the bank and deposited the bigger portion of it to my accounts. Then left myself somewhat a large amount for personal spending. First thing on the expense list: Go back to the dentist.

I have 9 other teeth to be done. So I had three of them done this afternoon.

Afterwards, Ate Marge, my dentist and I had a chitchat, and I asked her how was kuya bert. Then she told me he had a project near rufina. In the course of the discussion, there I found out it was the Cayco cabana. (just go over my previous posts if you want to see a picture of it).

***** ***** *****
I’ve been learning a lot of card games l… the first thing I learned many months back was pusoy dos, then poker (which is addicting really) then ‘bullshit’. That card game that matthew macaunaghey (I don’t even care if this is the correct spelling) was playing in the movie ‘HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS
I find the last card game more entertaining.

And FYI: do you know that after a bout of gambling, you’re supposed to return your winnings to the other people? Yeah, it’s true. It’s in the Civil Code. But what the fuck, nobody really cares about that. Hahahaha!

***** ***** *****
I’ve been craving for days now that F&H cologne ILLEGAL. Something that I could use everyday in school… I think. This is what my ‘luho’ is. I collect colognes and perfumes. My only indulgence and luxury. I don’t buy other expensive stuff. Just that. To date, I’ve probably used over 20 brands, and maybe 12 of them are of the expensive kind. Currently I have maybe 5 or 7 bottles. One for each day. (NAH!!!). Mind you, I’m not brand conscious, but it just so happened that the scents that I really like are the branded ones. (especially Armani, of which I had three kinds... black, white and night. The first two are already empty, the third one I gave to my granddad.)

Now, I guess that would be number two in my expense list… and a pair of pants and a new belt perhaps comes in at number 3 and 4….

***** ***** *****

Been watching the French Open every day, Rafael Nadal is still on fire! He’s proving himself to be the King of Clay, and everybody’s expecting the final face-off to be between him and Roger Federer again. For the non-tennis aficionados, Nadal has personalized shoes which say: VAMOS RAFA. (Let's Go! Rafa) Which I think Djocovic imitated using a black marker… somesorta joke or what. Anyhow, Nadal is proving himself to be the next top seed after Federer, and he is aptly called by the commentators as a ‘Tennis Warrior’.

Mario Ancic is probably on the rise too, but he can’t really out do Nadal, in fact, he lost to Roger Federer during the fourth round.

And speaking of the rising tennis stars… there’s a new hot girl in town… Nicole Vaidisova from the Czech Republic… damn! She’s hot at only 17 years. Another addition to the Tennis Pantheon of Maria Sharapova, Daniela Hantuchova and Maria Kirilenko.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home