Wednesday, July 11, 2007

i'm almost done with commercial law. (well, i hafta skip some parts. second to civil law, it's the longest) and I'm about to start with Criminal Law. Just on time. Hopefully.

Can't wait 'till it's over. Then it would be a time to splurge for a while and think of career choices. Some of which are:

1. Join the Public Attorney's Office.
2. Join the Office of the Solicitor General.
3. Apply at the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
4. Corporate Counsel for large banks. (going to Atty. Divina's direction, perhaps)
5. Private practice with Punongbayan and Araullo (they're hiring for junior associates, mostly tax experts. though I don't outrightly claim to be one, I can learn more aside from the law school stuff, plus it's lucrative, and I can work it to my advantage in the future.)
6. Administer the family business while practicing in private.
7. Enter into a business partnership.
8. Buy real estate at auction sales and resell them again. (Capital gains only, no profits involved, mostly. I ain't CREBA.)
9. Take up my M.B.A. at AIM or at The Ateneo.
10. Well, whatever goes by.

This is all subject of course to the condition that I pass the Bar. Then, I guess, that would be the proper time to think of the future. And the things to consider are, to wit: 1.) the lucrative nature of the work or enterprise; 2.) public service; 3.) more net profits, more tax exemptions and deductions, less expenses; 4.) over-all "happiness and satisfaction" ratings; 5.) socio-economic and political weather.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home