Sunday, February 04, 2007

Marthe and Althea

They are my new babies!
Got them from a buy one take one sale at Toby's.
Marthe (pronounced as Marthee) is my new mettalic red orange Prince Triple Threat 1000. Oh so like my previous racquet, except that the strings blood red. (btw, my previous racquet with the orange strings broke after I struck Nelson's racquet last night... poor thing, she will be surely be missed... while my other oversized head Prince Force3, well, I already conveyed to my brother. )
Althea, on the other hand, is a light blue Prince Triple Threat 1200 with baby blue strings. And oh, she's the lighter one between the two.
Both are gutted at string tension 24.
And what's with the choice of stark color contrast? Just like Fire and Water... it's all about atitude.
And what's with the name?
Just got the idea when I remembered one of our lunch time conversations with Captain Logronio, for the soldier, his rifle is his mistress.
And so, these babies are my weapons in the court. Like the old lines from old samurai films... "Be one with the sword..."
And Guess what... this is what I found in Wikipedia...
"Althea is also the name of the most beautiful woman in the world. Part portuguese, part french, part indian and part german, Althea is a truly exceptional beauty who steals the hearts of many with just the flicker of her eye or the curve of her sensual smile. The sound of her voice can make your heart forget to beat and one look from her can make your knees go weak. When you see her standing there, you'll probably fall off your chair...and when she moves her mouth to speak, you'll feel the blood rush to your feet. A one-in-a-zillion lady with a unique nature that people the world over adore......"
And for Marthe... it's just the French for Martha.
Obsession? Maybe... (FYI, bestfriend JV named his cars 'Pating' and 'Dolphin')
At any rate, I'm having fun while doing it. Hehehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home