Saturday, February 24, 2007

I survived crmininal law...

okay, i'm done with my third revalida.
here's the picturesque scenario: you enter one after another inside the moot court, or the bar review room. with the professor sitting tall and mighty in the professor's chair or in the judge's bench. you sign in your name, and then you choose a piece of paper with three or five questions in it, all encompassing questions regarding the subject. you are given the length of time available as the previous person before you sits in front of the professor and tries his best to answer the written questions and follow up questions from the professor.
Sometimes people get lambasted, they sometimes cry either because the questions are totally out of this world, or because the professor won't accept your answer. It is a matter of life or death.
Here are my scenarios...
Political Law Review - I've got basic questions in political law and constitutional law, such as equal protection clause, state immunity, and freedom of religion. I had to apply all my knowledge in taxation in the first question, the second folloq-up question was about cuenco vs. fernan. I can't recall it. Good thing it was Rene Gorospe sitting at the bench. Follow-up question: In Re Raul gonzalez... got it! I knew the doctrine by heart regarding impeachment of SC Justices. The last written question was an analogy of Ebranilag Doctrine on freedom of Religion. I got it still, then follow-up Estrada vs. Escritor... still good... then came an unwarranted discussion of Muslim Polygamy vis-a-vis Christian sects professing the same. It would end up with a moral discussion instead of a revalida. So Rene ended it. I exit the room, I jumped for jubilation. I surpassed my first revalida.
Civil Law Review 2 - day two, and people are already sleepless and restless. Afternoon came, I entered the bar review room, at inutusan pa ko ni Dean Aligada na tawagin si Felmer or si Jaysan para kumuha ng merienda niya. I picked my questionnare. Patay. Partnership. I fucking passed through it that morning. Civil Law 2 has the most topics among the subjects for the second semester. Buti na lang 'pet' ako ni Aligada at tawa lang siya ng tawa nung una sa mga kapalpakan ko. And then follow-up by "Wrong!" "No!" Eh kahit hindi pa ko tapos magsalita eh babarahin ka na niya tapos siya na sasagot para sa iyo. Wait lang sir ha... sino ba nagrerevalida? ikaw ba o ako?! No follow-up questions for me. Instead I got a very friendly advice: "Lumayas ka na nga, binibwiset niyo na lang ako." Okay fine.
Criminal Law - Have you ever died of anticipation? Like you want to shit your guts out and puke all your stomach's contents 'till your drained of all the plasma in you? That is what we felt with Dean Carlos Ortega. The fearsome one. El Capitan Logronio even felt like dying. He's a soldier (a PSG Guard) for that matter, yet he's scared like hell. Everybody was gritty. Cecille was first to die. Alphabetical, of course, ang pagpasok sa moot court. The first sacrificial lamb. We were cheering her as if she already died a martyr. Habang nakasalang sila... nag-fire drill ang college of science yata. Putang ina niyo. Kunwari-kunwariang sunog lang yan. Kame nakasalang na sa pugon ng impyerno. I was praying hard the litany to st. jude (the patron of the impossible). When my time came, I picked questionnare no. 81. and Oh my God! Book 1 Criminal Law... all basic principles (specifically, when is abuse of superior strength aggravating, elements of habitual delinquency, and insanity as exempting circumstance) okay, relax, relax lang... maalala mo yan... I got it right, mostly, except when I answered in the question regarding Habitual Deliquency, I first said "Convicted of two or more offenses" I got the response "What do you mean two or more?! It means you don't understand the law!" followed by an evil smirch. I begged pardon. Spare me. Deliver me please. Then his face softened and said "The law says at least three convictions." Point taken, there is indeed a difference. But sorry po, tao lang, takot na takot pa ko. My blushing went away and I continued with the elements. After I've answered the last question (which surprisingly, is answerable only by one sentence) I was given permission to leave. I was jubilant when I left the moot court.
Grabe, was it the Louis Vuitton valise sized eyebags which did the works? I don't know... but perhaps, it was luck, or divine intervention. I was praying to a multitude of gods and saints. To God, for all that is destined to be, to St. Mary and St. Jude for intervention, to Kwan-Yin for compassion, and to Buddha for giving me a momentary state of nirvana based on the principle that "all is just 'maya' (illusion)"
Well, I've got to more to prepare for. Merc2 and Tax. But hey, the worse is over. Just two weeks left, of to Caleruega we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home