Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The spirit of Christmas is befalling upon us all...
I got myself two new books... Tropical Gothic, which is a compilation of short stories of the late Nick Joaquin, and Chronicles of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, my fourth novel by this iconic Latin American writer. I had a copy before of this novel, which I didn't even read, and alas, I do not who borrowed it. I love these authors because they live in the same plane of existence where I live... an alternate universe, suffice to say, is MAGICAL REALITY and SEAMLESSNESS. Hopefully, I'd read them all, together with the legal stuff, and my unfinished reading of the ZAHIR of Paolo Coelho.
I wonder, am I really RENE GOROSPE in the making?!
I got a lot of friends in the arts... it would be nice to talk to a literature fan once in a while... 'cause in it there is the true human spirit...
Perhaps Chief Justice Reynato Puno or Justice Dante Tinga would concur.
Yes, sometimes, Jurisprudence is Literature...
Larry had this entry about a christmas wishlist...
All I want for Christmas this year is a graceful exit from UST, walking down the isle of the Medicine Auditorium in august black toga... paying reverence to the Justices of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, The Judiciary and the Legal Profession... I am once more annotated into the Four Hundred year old Line up of alumni of UST, and of the two hundred year old roster of Civil Law... and to sing the UST Hymn with pride and prestige once more.
and passing the BAR...
After that, I search for meaning of life...
Could it be, UNENDING GRACE?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I have read that you are reading The Zahir. I also love reading...
I like the work of Paulo Coelho!!!! Do you know that he has a newsletter?
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You can also go to his blog and comment with other readers your impressions... http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
it's simply wonderful!

2:56 PM  
Blogger ohme said...

Wow! Thanks for the comment aart! Obrigado! thanks for giving me the address to Coelho's blog and newsletter... i'll surely be reading it, and your blog too. hmmm... you like portuguese? whilst I, on the other hand, am interested in the Spanish Language, though i'm definitely rusty nowadays... cool. :P hasta lluego!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home