Friday, August 18, 2006

And so I have a few hours of leisure to dispose of some thoughts and consume some alcoholic concoctions.

This week was hell. From Tuesday until Thursday we were supposed to have our special classes in Civil Law Review, from 9am to 12pm, exclusive of the regular classes. Only the Wednesday class was consummated, to our disgust and weariness. 9am to 9pm in school will take the toll out of you. Yesterday, I experienced vertigo, despite the fact that I went home after the frustrated morning class and took an extra two hour rest. Plus, Wednesday night, Libertas had a meeting which almost ended at 12am. Gruesome.

Lord Alfredo Benipayo hasn’t given me the remainder of the Remedial Law Golden Notes, of course, I couldn’t tell him to hurry up. But at least, (or at least I infer it to be) that I still maintain the immunity from recitations in Remedial Law.

On the other hand, Dean Emeritus Augusto Aligada was bent on continuing with his sermons (which of course, is beneficial to all of us) until next week. It won’t be hell, until after the scheduled preliminary exams for Civil Law, that I must be born into the fire. I could, and I pray that I won’t, recite for a month or so.

The Bar Exams is just a few weeks away. The whole month of September will be consumed by our own personal studies, preparation for the revalida, preparation for the Oral Arguments in the Appellate Moot Court, and, as Chairman of the Remedial Law Committee, as member of the Mercantile Law Committee, and member of the Academics Bureau, of the Team Bar-Ops, and collaterally, of Libertas, I foresee that I have impliedly and totally forfeited my social life until further notice.

That means… for the next few weeks probably, I won’t be able to play badminton on weekends, which I hardly could do anyway, now that they’re queuing in Sangandaan every W-F, while I get out of school at 9pm. Then come September, the Bar exams would be held on Sundays, our presence would be required at the hotel Saturday night and the whole of Sunday.

But the natural pasaway that I am, I may mend things.

The brotherhood and the sisterhood being in place, and probably next year, hopefully, that is, three of us would be the first barristers of Libertas. Right now I’m in hell… as always been. But as the days pass, the pressure builds up. The BAR EXAMS is beckoning more than a year from now. I pray that the jealous doors of the Supreme Court would let me in.

But life is good. As Assistant Solicitor General Amy Javier puts it… acceptance is the key. I have accepted my fate… or so I believe.

This year, the medical board was topped by UST. Well, it wasn’t all a surprise, since the Facultas Medicinae et Chirurgiae is the top medical school in the country, if not the rest of Asia. When will the limelight return to Facultad de Derecho Civil? We have been in existence for more than two hundred years… we produced presidents, heroes, senators, justices and statesmen. But in these modern times, we need a fresh start. We can’t just rely on tradition.

Probably one day, I’d have my face on the murals of the Law Lobby. Hehehe. Why not? Dreaming is for free.

Last Wednesday also, we celebrated the Nth birthday of Dean Dimayuga. That Jolly old man, he’s such a kind soul. And he appreciated our efforts at holding a small ‘party’ in his honor.

Of course, it was also my baptism of fire. It ain’t easy to be the class president of a law class, much more if it is a graduating law class. You have to prepare in a jiffy, and improvise a lot. You have to deal with a lot of weird, naïve and highly reprehensible personalities. But I survived.

Guess what… frat wars are back. Details omitted. Certain characters are in controversy with me. Hehehe. But that’s personal… just connect the dots, and eventually, I’m involved in one way or another. Poor guy, you used to be such a good friend of mind. But with your treachery, there’s only one thing I can say… Fiat Justitia Ruat Coelum!

How I long for solitude and peace. That peace that I always find in the islands… by the sea… underwater, with the fishes, starfishes, and other sea creatures. The peace that I find with giant trees and green mountains. The peace that I find when I’m on the clouds.

In short… I need a vacation.

I hope that next time my dad would take me to one of his trips in Busuanga. Let him stay in Savage Calauit, I’ll stay in Club Paradise.

Or better yet, I’d rather stay in that piece of heaven in Biñan. That place where I always felt like at home, a place of solitude and relaxation, together with my bestest of friends, my brothers. Well, it would have been better had the jetskis weren’t sold. I would have hurdled my self into the water until I’m blue with contusions, abrasions, petechia or what.

And so, the night ends, I’m slightly intoxicated. Now, buzz off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home