Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Barangay Dapitan

Around 6pm I was riding a trike from Alvarez St. towards Padre Noval in order to attend the 6:15pm anticipated mass on Saturday. I have been quite a zombie for the past few days, and my only joy is to ride a jeepney (front passenger seat) and watche everything go by... watch everything go by...

Then to my suddent realization, many students in Navarra Billiard Hall, the Barangay Hall were watching the UAAP Game, and as I entered the Sacrosanct of UST, the gymnasium was cheering wildly. I can hear the loud voices of the studentry in the midst of the silence of the Santissimo Rosario Chapel.

Wawu, had her topak moment and went to Araneta Coliseum.

UST Beats La Salle. Overtime.

Yeah... that's one game I should have watched. But I'm proud that UST won... If it's Ivy League games were speaking of, there's only three... UST, Ateneo and La Salle... and among the three, the Dominicans have the best system of worship. I could plainly recall the championship match last year with Ateneo... the whole UST crowd was praying... so did everybody in their homes, in the campus, the seminary, I bet even the Vatican and Spain was praying...

It felt so good.... very, very good.

Even if we won't win the Championship this year, it's worth it... kicking La Salle's ass...

Now, I only have a few weeks before I enter the portals of La Salle and conquer my own challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home