Thursday, May 03, 2007

It is May already. I have no fucking idea how would I prepare for the Bar, besides attending the lectures and reading for about 8 to 10 hours for 7 days a week. My only outlet and stress reliever (for now) is badminton, and a few bottles of alcohol all by myself every now and then. (Mind you, I have sleeping problems… I prefer to drink alcohol than be addicted to valium… again.)

Well, it’s been almost three weeks since the review started, and each of us has his/her own plan of doing things. Last Sunday I went on a coffee review at Starbucks West Ave with Cianelle, RJ and Timang. And all it produced was a headache and a broken ego. I ain’t planning on doing quotas such as 200 pages per day. I ain’t a super sponge. But at least I know, I’m a cut above the rest… I ain’t stupid, I ain’t a genius, but I know that I’m good at something.

Perhaps it is better to live by the rules of Row Four… Relax. Relax. Relax.

My three days at the Farm is my summer vacation for the year. No ifs. No buts. I denied myself the pleasure of going to Hundred Islands this previous weekend. I denied myself the pleasure of going to Morong and Subic and rent that fucking jet ski whom I so dearly loved… and in the future I bind myself not to go far away as possible in a region outside the metropolis for pleasure.

Just over a hundred days… it’s the Bar exams… the test of my life.

It ain’t simple. Unlike the rest who are tested by the PRC, we are being tested by none other the SUPREME COURT… the third Branch of Government, the Guardian and protector of the rights of the people, to whom the power is vested to nullify the acts of the President and Congress under the circumstances of Rule 65. We are being tested if we are worthy of becoming Officers of the Court…

This year’s Bar Chairman is Justice Adolfo Azcuna, notorious for that fucking question regarding the WRIT Of AMPARO in the 1991 bar, which can no where be found in the Philippine Jurisdiction, but, in Mexico.

Oh well, that’s life… we faces our own demons… and we face each and every challenge that we bringt upon us in an ironic mix of destiny and freedom of choice.

In a few months time, I’d probably be abandoning (temporarily) this blog to focus myself on more pressing matters. But for now, let me settle for something less than a normal life… that of a Barrister.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home