Sunday, April 01, 2007

It’s probably obvious that my blog nowadays is more of a photo album rather than a journal. Well, I’d like to share most of my visual memories with you guys in vivid color, aside from the fact that I’m not into mood most of the time to write some drama or nostalgic moment in my life, because of the happy hormones produced by consistent badminton.

Anyhow, last night, after suddenly deciding to join the east wood gimik and after foiling the scheduled bowling game, we had a blast at Jack’s Loft and Teriyaki Boy. I did make the right decision to come because Rhea was also coming, and surprisingly, Athan too.

Rhea was with her chick cousin Leslie, who btw, and after getting so much amount of alcohol in our system, they began to converse with me in Fookien, fragments of which I understood only. I on the other hand, mumbled Spanish words short of a cuss and a polite reply. Hahaha! The last time I saw Ri was about two years ago probably. I missed her so much, we were very tight friends in college, and we were each others cuddle bunnies. Rhea was sexy hot because apparently she’s now a gym goer.

Jonathan was here for the holidays. He, on the other hand, I saw on Christmas 2005. He came back to Manila from Mindanao for the Holidays. He just flew in around 9am that morning.

It was nice seeing old college people again. Not much of reminiscing though, more of planning an attempt to go to a resort in San Pablo City, which I doubt (and intent not to) I could attend. Considerations being, first, I have no budget (three of us are on a student’s allowance, since all three of us are in law school) second, I have to prepare for the Review, thirdly, I’d rather go to CJL Farm and spend only a few hundred bucks for booze and chicha, whilst the food, lodging, sports facilities, and ‘swimming pool’ are free, fourthly, I’d rather spend time with my law school friends, if ever we execute the plan to go to Pagsanjan, since going out of town is rarely heard of in law school circles.

Today is April 1, tomorrow, I’ll be marching down the aisle (pun intended) together with 120 more candidates for the solemn investiture ceremonies. FYI: In the Thomasian and Dominican Tradition, instead of merely going on stage and shaking hands with the Dean, there was this ritual where the candidate kneels in front of the Regent, or the Rector, who then prays over the candidate before the actual investiture. That was in the ancient days. Now, only the first person (in the alphabetical order) is granted the privilege of this ritual. It’s much like an academic ordination of somesort.

Tomorrow is the big day for us. After four or five years of hard work, it finally pays off. We’re finally getting our BACHELOR OF LAWS degree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home